- Interested applicant who wishes to take the Entrance Examination should apply in person or through mail to the Committee on Admission, PMMA Complex, San Narciso, Zambales. Applicants by mail must fill-up the Application Form (requires Acrobat Reader) and mail it to:
Committee on Admissions
Philippine Merchant Marine Academy
San Narciso, Zambales
- Only true and correct entries are accepted; any false information will be a ground for disqualification.
- Applicants must choose his/her preferred testing center from the table of Testing Center.
- FILING OF APPLICATION. Applicants have two (2) options to file their application:
- Personal – from January to 3rd week of September at PMMA Zambales only
- Mail – from January to August 31 only
- 3 copies of recent 2x2 colored pictures with name tag, front view; white background;
- Examination fee of three hundred fifty pesos (
P350.00) in cash;
- Certified true copy of Birth Certificate issued by the Civil Registrar (Photocopy only);
Note: Baptismal and Hospital Birth Certificates are not honored.
- Two pieces self-addressed long white mailing envelopes (with zip code) for mailed application with thirty pesos (
P30.00) worth of mailing stamps per envelope (one piece only if application form is personally filed at the PMMA Admissions Office.
- Mathematic (Algebra, Geometry, Statistics and Trigonometry)
- Science (General Science, Chemistry and Physics)
- Abstract Reasoning
- Psychological Evaluation
- Laboratory Examinations
- Color Perception Test (ISHIHARA)
- Physical Examination
- One-month Orientation Training
- ONE-MONTH ORIENTATION TRAINING. The Summer Orientation Training is a one-month indoctrination course where probationary midshipmen are quartered at the PMMA compound during the entire duration of the period. The “probies” are isolated from their families and friends and prohibited from entertaining visitors.
A hectic schedule consisting of military training, refresher course in Mathematics, English and introductory lectures in Navigation or Marine Engineering makes up the day of every “proby”.
Applicants who qualified for the One-month Orientation Training must report to the Philippine Merchant Marine Academy on the first day of May.