Be a Competent Merchant Mariner, Join the Navy or be a Coast Gurad Officer…
Be a part of the long blue line
The Philippine Merchant Marine Academy (PMMA) is the only premier state maritime institution in the Philippines. PMMA offers merchant marine related degree courses, as well as short term training and re-training of marine officers and ratings seamen.
PMMA midshipmen are government scholars, who are provided free tuition fee, board and lodging and have an assured shipboard training onboard international vessels during their third year with corresponding stipend. Upon graduation, PMMA midshipmen are assured of 100% employment rate and are the usual choice and preference of major global shipping and manning companies for assignment to International Ocean going vessels as deck officers and engineers.
PMMA midshipmen are selected from all over the Philippines through a rigid selection process. Out of average examinees of 6,400 about 5% successfully pass the different stages of the screening process and subsequently take their oath as full-fledged PMMA midshipmen.
Join the PMMA and experience quality education and boundless opportunities.
- A government scholarship;
- Experience a semi-military lifestyle of leadership environment;
- Rewarding leadership and training experiences;
- Travel the world for free while still a cadet;
- An assured shipboard training onboard international ocean-going vessels;
- Automatic commissionship in the Philippine Navy and Philippine Coast Guard as Ensign (2Lt);
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree;
- 100% employability, immediate hiring by more than thirty (30) partner international and manning companies; and
- Promising careers in the seafaring industry as master mariners; chief engineers; shipping executives, naval or coast guard officers, educators, trainers in maritime-related industries/institutions.