PMMA and Pavilion de La Castellana marked their Partnership
The Philippine Merchant Marine Academy and the Pavilion de La Castellana finally formalized their long term partnership in relation to the upcoming PMMA Bicentennial celebration.
La Castellana owned by the spouses Andres Chua and Cosette Chua was identified as the original location of the “Escuela Nautica de Manila”, the original name of the Philippine Merchant Marine Academy in 1820. With the intent of the academy to make the bicentennial celebration more meaningful, the academy shall be attaching and erecting a National and Local Historical Markers from the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) and Intramuros Administration respectively in the walls of La Castellana. Unveiling of these markers is tentatively scheduled on 01 April 2020 at 0800H which shall be witnessed by the officials from the National Historical Commission of the Philippines, Intramuros Administration, City of Manila and the PMMA Alumni.
The PMMA Historical Markers Bicentennial Project is spearheaded by the academy’s Data Protection Officer, Ms. Jovelle Ann H. Capilitan-Roncal in partnership with the National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP), National Archives of the Philippines, and the Intramuros Administration.